As I take a moment to reflect on the first half of 2019, I am extremely humbled and proud of what we have achieved as a global team here at Deputy.
- More than 2 million people have experienced Deputy making their work lives easier
- Over 140 million shifts have been scheduled using the Deputy app
- We have 164,000 workplaces now using Deputy across the globe
- More than 500,000 shifts have been swapped by employees using the Deputy app
- There are now more than 300 Deputies that have made their life’s work to make work life easier for the 2.3 billion shift workers on the planet.
This week marks another milestone for Deputy with the successful appointment of former netus Pty Ltd CEO Alison Deans as an independent Director to our board.
Ashik Ahmed, Alison Deans and Steve Shelley
Alison brings with her more than 20 years experience in senior management in the e-commerce, media and financial services space in Australia. A seasoned CEO she has led companies such as eCorp Limited, Hoyts Cinemas and netus Pty Ltd.
She is part of the Investment Committee of Main Sequence Ventures – manager of the CSIRO Innovation Fund. Financially backed by the Australian Government and CSIRO, it invests in startups and growth businesses that leverage publicly funded research.
In addition to her management and board experience Alison is an extraordinary problem solver and scaleup specialist. I look forward to her being part of Deputy’s team as we continue our mission to make work life easier for two-thirds of the global workforce.
Alison is the second Independent Director to be appointed to the Deputy board joining former Box and Apple Executive Karen Appleton-Page who joined in October 2018. She currently sits on the boards of Westpac, Cochlear and Ramsay Health Care.
I feel extraordinarily humbled and privileged to have Alison join the Deputy family and look forward to working with her as we continue on our journey.
Learn more about Alison Deans and her amazing journey in the business and technology sector by listening to the podcast below.