Last year we delivered Deputy 7 – a host of new features and improvements including scheduling updates, SMS clock on and Shift Swap. Today we’re pleased to announce that Shift Swap is out of Beta and now – here for iOS
What is Shift Trading?
Shift trading is all about managing what happens when employees are unable to work. When this happens, there are now three options in Deputy:
- Employees can apply for leave using Deputy’s comprehensive leave management and approval process.
- Employees can offer their shift, hoping someone else will pick it up (until pickup it remains their responsibility).
- Employees can swap their shift with another employee. The swap may require manager approval.
Note – system admins and location managers have 100% control over whether any form of shift trading is allowed, and whether manager approval is required.
The new Shift Offer and Shift Swap features
With the new Shift Trading options – Shift Offer and Shift Swap, we perform comprehensive checks in the background to ensure the right employee takes over the offered shift and you don’t have to get involved.
- Shift Offer allows an employee to simply offer their shift, allowing other employees to claim it or their manager to fill it.
- Shift Swap allows employees to request their suitably qualified colleagues work one of their shifts. In exchange, they offer to work one of their colleague’s scheduled shifts.
- By turning on ‘Require manager approval’ shift swaps will need final approval by the appropriate manager.
While Shift Trading is now available on iOS we will be releasing this for Android in the coming weeks, Here’s a sneak preview of the new look.
Want to know more? Check out these help articles:
The information contained in this article is general in nature and you should consider whether the information is appropriate to your needs. Legal and other matters referred to in this article are of a general nature only and are based on Deputy's interpretation of laws existing at the time and should not be relied on in place of professional advice. Deputy is not responsible for the content of any site owned by a third party that may be linked to this article and no warranty is made by us concerning the suitability, accuracy or timeliness of the content of any site that may be linked to this article. Deputy disclaims all liability (except for any liability which by law cannot be excluded) for any error, inaccuracy, or omission from the information contained in this article and any loss or damage suffered by any person directly or indirectly through relying on this information.